Top 12 Nutrients For Female Fertility. Number 7 Is Particularly Surprising!
The Tools Needed to Help You Start Fixing your Infertility Problems
Watch an Expert Talk About Female Fertility
Getting pregnant can be a painfully long process. Many women face infertility and, therefore, are unable to do get or remain pregnant. One natural solution, that should be regarded as a first step, is to focus on nutrition and targeted dietary supplements, which can be categorized into 4 main areas: Vitamins, Minerals, Amino-Acids and AntiOxidants
If you’re trying to conceive then satisfying the vitamin needs of your body is your first priority.
Vitamin B Group
Vitamin Bs play important roles in cell metabolism. In the female body, energy metabolism and fertility are tightly connected and reciprocally regulated.
- Balances out hormone levels
- Useful for women with short luteal phases and low progesterone levels
- Increases the frequency of ovulation
- Improves inner lining of the uterus
- Used during pre-conception and pregnancy
- Promotes sustainable fertility
- Prepares body for pregnancy
- Prevents brain and spine birth defects in the baby (e.g. spina-bifida)
- Aids in both male and female fertility
- Stimulates estrogen and progesterone levels
- Regulates menstruation
- Studies show that it greatly decreases the risk of preterm labor and other complications
Minerals are just as important as vitamins. They need one another in order to be absorbed and used by the body. Everything in the body - bones, tissues, nerves, cells, receptor sites, metabolism etc - needs minerals to survive and work properly. Minerals also help keep an acid-alkaline balance (in the women’s body, this directly affects whether or not the sperm reaches the egg).
- Regulates blood pressure, heart rate, and blood sugar levels
- Supports progesterone production and increases blood supply to the uterus
- Reduces risk of complications e.g. preeclampsia, premature births, and sudden infant death syndrome
- Magnesium deficiency causes fallopian tube spasms, preventing egg implantation
- Important in the production of mature eggs, ripe for fertilization
- Maintains proper follicular fluid levels, allowing egg to travel through the fallopian tubes to the uterus
- Keeps hormone levels (e.g. estrogen,progesterone) stable throughout the entire menstrual cycle
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, which plays a crucial role in almost all biological processes. They carry out many important bodily functions e.g. cell structure. A large proportion of our cells, muscles, and tissues found in the reproductive system are made up of amino acids.
- Useful for both men and women
- Increases Nitric Oxide levels, causing healthy inflammation levels, preventing uterine fertility issues e.g. Fibroids, endometriosis, and PCOS
- Improves production of cervical mucus by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs
- Strengthens immune system
- *Surprise* Heightens libido by increasing blood flow to the genitals
Antioxidants protect cell membranes and DNA from being damaged by free radicals. A main cause of infertility is a weak reproductive system which includes organs, tissues and fluids, all of which have cells that need to be protected.
- Crucial in both male and female fertility
- Sustains an equilibrium of the female endocrine system
- Especially useful for women with low progesterone levels
- Reinforces right balance between estrogen and progesterone levels
- Clinical trials proved Vitamin C doubles the chance of getting pregnant
- Used in male and female reproductive systems
- Improves quality of cervical mucus
- Enhances the chances of fertilized eggs implantation
- Increases sperm lifespan within the female body and, therefore, increases chance of fertilization
- Important for both male and female reproductive systems
- Maintains ovarian follicles (which produce eggs) healthy
- Strengthens immune system
- Helps lower rate of birth defects and miscarriages
- Helps both female and male infertility
- Essential to healthy cell production
- Source of fuel for mitochondria which creates energy that the cells use
- Increases egg quality
- Breaks down mucus in the body
- Helpful for polycystic ovary syndrome in women
- Increase ovulation rates for women suffering from PCOS
- Raises cellular glutathione levels
- Improves length of egg’s telomeres, maintaining egg quality and health
While these supplements are vitally important for women trying to get pregnant, they should also be used during pregnancy to maintain it. However, the following ingredients are not a magic fix and should be combined with proper diet and exercise.