Top 6 Nutrients to Keep the Skin Young and Healthy. #3 has an Added Bonus
Beauty From Within: Natural Beauty Formula
Know the saying "Everyone’s beautiful on the inside"? While that’s true, everyone wants to look gorgeous on the outside, as well.
While most people know the 3 most important things to do in order to keep your skin looking as youthful as possible; eat a healthy diet, don't smoke and protect your skin from the sun, most don't know that a variety of vitamins and antioxidants may also improve the health and quality of your skin. Here are the ones which made our top 6.
Vitamins are essential to your health and body functions which means that deficiencies can cause adverse effects on the skin.
1. Vitamin A
- Reduces wrinkles
- Fades brown spots
- Assists in making skin more elastic and smooth
2. Vitamin D
- Minimizes acne
- Boosts elasticity of skin
- Stimulates collagen production
- Enhances radiance
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots
3. Biotin (Vitamin H)
- Supports your skin, nerves, digestive tract and metabolism
- Helps reduce hair loss
- Encourages nail growth
- *Bonus* Aids in weight loss
The body needs the right amount of minerals in order to grow and stay healthy. Since the skin is the body’s largest organ, it’s crucial that you satisfy its mineral needs if you want it to stay young and healthy.
4. Zinc (Citrate)
- Aids skin repair and healing
- Reduces hair loss
- Maintains clear skin
- Encourages strong nail growth (no white spots) while keeping them glossy and creamy
- Smoothes cuticles
Antioxidants protect the skin by combating free radicals, which damage skin cells. The main role of antioxidants in skin care products is to limit and reduce, to the greatest extent, the signs of aging.
5. Vitamin C
- Speed up the skin's natural repair system
- Keep skin young by combating wrinkling, sagging and other aging changes
- Prevent skin cancer
6. Vitamin E
- Protect the skin from the Sun’s UV radiation and damaging free radicals (Vitamin E is nicknamed "the protector")
- Create smooth and firm skin
- Quell dryness by helping skin retain its natural moisturizers
- Fade brown spots and other discolorations
As I mentioned above, while these supplements are vitally important for women who want to keep their skin young and healthy, they should be used alongside proper diet and exercise as well as limiting smoke and sun exposure. Also bear in mind that your skin is a reflection of what goes on inside your body and so imbalance in your hormone levels, high blood pressure, excess amounts of fat as well as stress and abnormal pain levels are also responsible for the welfare of your skin.