What Are The 3 Best Natural Supplements for Joints Pain and Osteoarthritis?
Natural Alternatives to Pharmaceutical Drugs, Surgeries and Other Invasive Procedures
Imagine this scenario: You just came back from running a marathon, jogging, walking or even climbing a couple flights of stairs. Your knees are sore… you can barely stand up. You suddenly realize that you won’t be able to perform the kinds of activities you want to because of this tremendous pain. You start looking for a solution. Your first step is the doctor. But what does he tell you? “It’s probably nothing, it’ll pass.” He writes you a prescription for painkillers. You give them a try. A couple weeks go by and the pain remains. You give up and learn to live with the pain. See anything wrong with this scenario?
How many of you have ever experienced a joint related pain that you can’t account for that can’t be fixed by pain killers? What may be aching you is osteoarthritis (OA). Statistic show that 6% of people in the US suffer from OA. Surprisingly, this condition can’t be reversed by the typical drug therapies. But if we shift our eyes, for a second, away from the pharmacist and their attractive prescription pad we find a beacon of promise: dietary supplements.
Glucosamine Sulfate Powder
Glucosamine can be found in several hundreds of products on the market. In terms of ‘duration of effectiveness’, glucosamine sulfate far exceeds any alternative drug in treating OA. Furthermore, typical painkillers, such as ibuprofen, simply suppress the resulting symptoms as opposed to glucosamine which gets to the root of the issue.
It’s main superiority is in:
- Supporting and repairing joints
- Reducing pain and symptoms associated with OA
- Slowing down the progression of the actual disease
- Having a long-term impact
OA occurs due to the decay of cartilage, found on the ends of the joints, which causes exposed bones to rub together and cause excess friction in the joints, leading to loss of motion, stiffness and joint pain. Chondroitin sulfate, like Glucosamine, is another natural substance that can be found in the body. It prevents the degradation of joint cartilage caused by enzymes in the body.
It’s main impact is in:
- Anti-inflammation- Thereby reducing painful swelling in the joints
- Making the cartilage more elastic- Resulting in less friction of exposed bones in the joint (The cause of OA)
- Helping slow down the breakdown of cartilage
- Increasing cartilage growth - Better cushioning the joints
Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM)
MSM is a chemical that occurs naturally, providing a dietary source of sulfur (one of the body’s major building blocks). It helps support muscles and tendons in the body, thereby reducing pain and swelling in the joints. MSM is used for treating OA but is also commonly found in treatments for; GI upset, musculoskeletal pain, and allergies. It also helps fight antimicrobial infection and boost the body’s immune system.
It combats joint related problems by:
- Acting as a free radical scavenger, making it anti-inflammatory
- Aiding the treatment of; Osteoarthritis, muscle damage caused by exercise, and other inflammatory joint disorders
- Significantly decreasing pain and swelling
- Reducing physical function impairment
- Decreasing pain, stiffness, and tenderness
These ingredients each, individually, contain the ability to help you manage, reduce or even solve your joint related pain. However, it is only when these 3 are taken together that you will truly see the major impact. Unfortunately, these 3 supplements, though occurring naturally, are limited, if not non-existing, in their availability in food. The only possible alternative is in the form of dietary supplements.